Remember these things? It’s been a while. I was so unhappy with the initial resin and paint job on Lopti’s Zelda armor that I put a few more layers of resin on and have been working on sanding it ever since, first by hand, then with Georgey’s dremel. The metallic gold is just the paint I sprayed to see where the worst bumps were, and all that scuffing is where I sanded. Oh, and some parts are taped off. So yeah. I guess this isn’t much of a progress post. Hopefully finish these this weekend AT LASSTTTTTT. There’s my Toph bun up there too. Hate that thing. Hate wigs. I will never be good with hair, ever.
It figures that every time I finally get a window to finish Lopti’s Zelda armor, something happens to put me off track. Tonight, I couldn’t find my resin. Hopefully it turns up so I can get this done this weekend and finally paint over these tacky colors. The belt isn’t assembled here, just laid out so you can see. The chain won’t really go behind the links and all the pieces, but I haven’t picked it apart yet.
Rule 1: Always post the rules!!!! Rule 2: Answer the question the person who tagged you has written and write 11 new ones. Rule 3: Tag 11 new people and link them to the post. Rule 4: Let them know you’ve tagged them
1. Do you… fondue? Frequently. ^_~
(I’m doing this for you Lopti and that’s all…I hope you’re happy)
1. If you could be any race in Middle Earth, what would you choose to be?
Probably a Mirkwood elf. Or a hobbit, under the condition that I’d be an adventuring, non-lazy hobbit. Probably from the other side of the Brandywine.
2. How would you survive a zombie apocalypse?
Exploding arrows and a bandolier of grenades, with a bottomless supply of dried fruit and beef jerky. The backpack is under my bed.
3. What skill would you choose to master if given all the time and money needed to master said skill?
UGH I want to do everything! Probably archery, kung fu, and cello.
4. Would you rather be part animal all the time, or have the ability to turn into an animal at will?
Turn into an animal at will. Probably a peregrine falcon.
5. Have you ever broken someone’s heart?
I think so
6. What did you want to do for a living when you were 13?
HAHAH, you totally asked on purpose. Let’s see, where were we when I was 13? Did I still want to be in the FBI like Dana Skully?
7. Boxers or briefs?
I actually wear girl underwear, Lopti
8. What is your earliest memory?
Hanging from a root over a gully in our backyard deep in the country as my big sister said “Stay there, I’ll go and get help!” and then left me hanging there.
9. Who has been your biggest inspiration in life?
I don’t know if I have one inspiring hero or role model. My mom’s selfless giving of her time to other people and my sister’s incredible work ethic and bravery both stand out to me. Out of people I DON’T know…C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien have hands down shaped the flavor of my life.
10. If you could pick how you will die, how would you do it?
For someone I loved. Probably in the aforementioned zombie apocalypse But not really.
11. Doctor Who?
THE QUESTION THAT MUST NEVER, NEVER BE ANSWERED.
Okay, my questions. Lopti, you’re getting this back, sorry.
1. Two favorite film scores?
2. Be honest………..which dwarf am I?
3. A fashion statement that you like but would never be brave enough to try?
4. Would you rather live the rest of your life knowing that at some point when your guard is down, a giant gorilla WILL suddenly appear in your bathroom with you, or have the hiccups for one year straight?
5. Stupidest idea you’ve ever had that you actually thought at the time was good?
6. Which TV show world would you hate the most to be banished to forever?
7. We’re in the Hunger Games together and I’m from your district. What’s your weapon of choice and how do you intend to deal with me?
8. What has been the most awkward stage of your human existence?
9. The doctor shows up and says you can be his companion for ONE DAY ONLY. Do you travel through time, or space, and where do you go?
10. For future reference, what would be the most horrific thing that could pop out of a giant birthday/bachlorette party cake and scary the crud out of you?
Lopti wanted to see some pics of the crystals I’m using in her Zelda armor…so here they are, Pip. :)
I was probably wayyyyy too picky with my crystals; these took ages to find. That said…they’re real crystal and they cast beautiful light, as you can see a little by the reflection on my hand and record player. They almost glow. I’m hoping to knock out most of the armor this weekend, so expect a deluge of progress pictures in the next few days. ^^
Some long overdue progress pics of Lopti’s Zelda pauldrons!
They’re far from finished, but here’s to show you where they’re headed. The base is 4mm EVA foam, and the details I’m sculpting out of model magic. I’ve still got to add some more finer details and studs before the whole thing will get sanded (to eliminate any bumps and cracks you might see in the MM), then sealed with modge podge, then wet sanded. After that, the pauldrons will get a coat of resin to make them more durable, plus some paint and weathering. I’m still waiting on the crystals I ordered to come in. Once they do, I’ll have some pics of the belt, too.